One of the things I have always struggled with is snacking. And I think everyone can agree that snacking usually leads to the land of empty calories. Meaning, what you’re eating isn’t benefitting you in any way.
The past year, I cut out 85% ish of processed foods from my diet. This means I have to think outside the box when it comes to snack time.
So, I put together a list of healthy snacks I love and try to keep on hand at all times.
*Quick tip-Do a little meal prep on the weekend and these snacks can easily be grab and go 🙌🏻
- Protein energy bites
- Veggies and hummus
- Apple with Almond Butter
- Almond butter and banana chips
- Whole wheat toast with avocado
- Smoothie Bowls
- Caprese bites
- Whole wheat toast with hummus and hard boiled egg
- Cinnamon bananas
- Fruit and Greek Yogurt with Granola (Homemade is best)
- Fruit with honey
- Zucchini pizzas
- Fruit with cottage cheese
- Cheese with whole grain crackers
- Pretzels or whole grain crackers with laughing cow cheese
- Rice cakes with almond butter and honey
- Tomatoes and cottage cheese
- Turkey roll-ups
- Hard boiled egg with apple and cheese
- BLTA (Bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado) lettuce wraps
- Cinnamon apples
- Guacamole with pretzel thins or veggies or both
*This post may contain affiliate links where, if purchased, I get a percentage of the sales.